Tuesday 19 June 2012

Day 64, Cultural Music.

Now i am going to do self-forgiveness on a song that i like on youtube that is from where i come from and it is our cultural music, even though where the song is being played is not on the island i come from but a neighbour island, the singer though is from the island i come from.  I will place the video here for a little entertainment ....lol



I am going to do self-forgiveness on how this song makes me feel and the memories it brings of the people and of the island i was born into, and our way of making music.


Self-forgiveness:


I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to ''feel'' good when i listen to this music, because it reminds me of home as home being the place where i was born, which is a little island called: Bonaire.


I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to be energetically moved by this music in relation to what memories it ignites within my mind.


I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to judge this type of music as a ''good music'' ''pleasurable.''


I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to have memories of me going to festivals on the island and this kind of music was played.


I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to enjoy music from the perspective of how they make me feel as an energy built up within me, and not as how the music assist and support me as my human physical body.


I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to NOT see/realize/understand that by following my reactions to how a song makes me feel, i am indeed not listening to the song/music as me being here totally, but as me being in and of/as my mind,the place where judgements live.


I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to let my attention drift away in the sound of the instruments, in how they make me feel inside myself instead of listening to the instruments as what they produce as sound alone without any energy rising up within me.


I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to let this music make me remember certain foods that we eat island, like stewed iguana meat, or iguana soup, stewed goat meat, or goat soup, and stewed conch.Within this i forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to remember even how these foods taste like.


I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to have the memories of my people because of listening to this music, it brings remembrances of the people there.


I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to let a song take me away from here and get lost into my mind where i can be anywhere in thoughts but not here.


I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to find the cultural music of my country to be sounding great, within this judging it from the perspective of how it makes me feel.


I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to never have listen to music in any other way then to how it will make me feel, and this has not really listen to the music in it's entirety.


I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to be mesmerized at how music make me feel and not how i am listening to the music as one as equal as being here in breath.


I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to let this song give me the memories of how the island i was born on looks like.


I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to due to this song remember how the ambient of the festival feels like within me.


I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to remember due to this song how the particular place where  the festival is taking place smells like.


I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to connect smell and feelings to a song/music.


I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to remember how the people of my country talks when hearing this music.

 

I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to NOT listen to music for the sake of music as an expression of life, but for the sake of what feelings i can get out of it.

 

 

I commit myself to listen to music as me as in breath and not as what it would make me feel.

 

I commit myself to investigate more deeply what it means to listen to music as me as in breath, and what the experience thereof is and share it with others,so we can start to really appreciate music for music and not for what it can makes us feel, because then we will just listen to our own judgements about the music and not listen really to the music itself.

 

Thanks.

 

Larry Manuela

 

Join us at: DESTENI


Have a look at THE solution for our world problems: EQUALMONEY


Support our research by buying one or more of our educational products that will blow your mind: EQAFE


Become a real human being that cares for real and join in walking together to stand for life and change you and then change you as the world one and equal: DIP


2 comments: